Enjoy the long evenings in your garden – consider sitting out even later next to the warmth of a Chimnea or similar
- Place conservatory plants outside now that it is warm
- Water hanging baskets and patio containers at the base of the plant, in the early morning and evenings.
- Deadhead bedding plants and repeat-flowering perennial to ensure continuous flowering
- Clear algae, blanket weeds and debris from ponds and keep them topped up
- Give the lawn a summer feed
- Give woodwork a lick of paint or preserver while the weather is dry
- July is known as the month for black spot on Roses, remove any infected leaves and spray with fungicide. Also, feed and deadhead roses to keep them flowering strongly.
- Use liquid feed on plants and shrubs ensuring ericaceous feed is used for Azaleas, Rhododendrons, Pieris and Camellia.
- It essential to prune and shape Wisteria in July for the second time in the year.
- Trim and shape Conifers and other hedges around your garden.
- Weed and dig over borders regularly to ensure weeds don’t have time to set.
Call GP Garden Services to order firewood for your chiminea or Click Here